Thursday 1 March 2012

District 21, Paintball baby!

So I posted about our trip for rafting awhile back, right? Hope you guys enjoyed that, 'cause now its time for paintball!! ;)

Mmhm, you read that right, paintball. The minute you utter the word "PAINTBALL", the image that first comes to mind is a big field, you in a bodysuit holding your marker, (note: Paintball guns are also called 'Markers'), hiding behind your bunker, getting ready for battle....... so you feel really cool now 'cause you have a gun, with your mask on. "I look so cool, imma snap a photo of me & post this right now"


Then suddenly it hit you that paintball will actually make you bruise, and you're going all, "OMG, I'M GOING TO BRUISE! BIRU LA SA NE KANA TIMBAK! NOOOO!!!", in your head. Yes, this scenario was playing in my head over and over until the day actually presented itself and we were left with no choice but to participate in the game.


Precious, before gearing up. See that big smile?

Well let me tell you now, and clarify this myth about paintball (is it a myth? maybe I'm exaggerating), it will hurt only if you don't play by the rules. By rules, there are a few; do not shoot in a close range, never remove your mask at all times when you're on the field, and always pay attention to the directions during briefing. Kapish? I thought so.


Briefing from Adrian Boon, one half of the twosome that hosted us for Paintball. They even assisted us while gearing up. They're really friendly, so don't be shy :)






All geared up and ready for the battlefield!

After briefing and gearing up, we divided ourselves into two groups, each with 6 members. I was all set and ready to go, even though in my head I knew I'd get blue black (note: I didn't bruise at all). As soon as we stepped onto the field, this was what came to mind; me behind my bunker, shooting and then rolling on the ground killing people (I mean marking them) and ducking for cover after shooting them.... *insert Star Wars battle song here* sounds epic, huh. Well, at least in my head it was. 


Ready? Set. GO!





Bet you couldn't spot me, teehee. Pictures above were of the first round, and I'll be a good sport and say that we lost. Soon as I got behind my bunker, I'd been trying helplessly to kill at the same time hiding myself. I was surprised when I looked behind, I was the only one on my team still alive. LOL. So dramatic. We could only do two rounds as we had to finish on time, to go for rafting. So the second round then commenced, this time, I was in a different team.


I'll admit, I got really excited for the second round. I don't know why exactly, but I was so hyped up and it felt like I was really going into war. Most would think that a game would last more than 30 minutes or so, but no. Sorry to burst your bubbles, as much as we imagine it would be really long like in the movies, in reality, its not. In fact, it can even finish in less than 10 minutes; depending on the players ability to shoot and kill of course. :p



The other team.




Last man standing on, yes, you got it right, the 'other' team :p


this is my team :D


The smell of sweet victory, that's me right there. (can you hear me laugh now?)



The second match was really fast, I didn't even realize it was down to the 3 of us, as we were playing 4x4. It got so exciting that at one point, I kind of forgot to look before I shoot. "How in the world?", but yeah, I did. So I was shooting aimlessly for 10 seconds, and then I saw my target, the one person left on the opposing team. Yes I went all out and did my military-ish moves that I had in mind (sort of), I was moving as fast as I could to the front, trying to hide myself as well. Sweet victory was ours, as yours truly had the opportunity of shooting down the opponent. Hurrah!!!

With a big smile (though its not visible, 'cause I had the mask on), arms in the air, I was really waving it like I didn't care. All the while, this song was playing in my head, "This is how we do it".

To the winning team, good job I say. District 21 really had us all excited like little kids getting a new toy. I had wished we had more time to play, but alas, we had a schedule to follow. The next time you feel like destressing yourself, I suggest paintball with friends. It really helps release all your emotions (for me it did), worked wonders. :)


Last photo before we went off.
Andrew Koh, the other half of District 21's duo, standing beside James on the far left.

Once again, huge thanks to District 21 for hosting our paintball session. It was a good one, I will definitely come back. That's for sure. :)

Oh before I forget, I know most would think that when playing paintball, if the paint got onto your clothes, its not washable. Well.. think again. IT IS! District 21 uses "Field Protected paintball designed with field friendly properties that breaks on target and suited for most weather conditions. Environmentally friendly EcoFillTM combined with a paintball formulated for rugged play, foliage penetration, and rental markers these paintball certainly lend themselves to a great day of play at the paintball park." 

So no worries, if you got paint all over you, its washable and best of all.. its environmentally friendly! Cheers! :)

For enquiries:

Pusat Pelancongan,
Kampung Pukak, Kiulu, Tamparuli
Hotline: +60 016-8202316
Fax:+6 088-231316
Email: info.district21@gmail.com, adrian.district21@gmail.com

or

Andrew Koh
Operation - Managing Director
Mobile: +6 014-3539102

Adrian Boon
Finance - Managing Director
Mobile: +6 019-8118790

No comments:

Post a Comment